Leasing vs. Buying a New Nissan
Have been patiently waiting to buy a new Nissan vehicle? Feeling swayed by all of our competitive lease deals in Omaha at Woodhouse Place Nissan? There are undeniable perks to both. The question is, which is right for you?
What’s the Difference between Financing and Leasing?
When you finance new Nissan vehicles, you are paying to own the vehicle. When you lease a vehicle, you are paying to drive it. With each, you will be responsible for paying a monthly auto payment over the course of a predetermined term.
When financing, at the end of the term you will own your vehicle. However, at the end of your lease term, you must return the vehicle to the dealership. This also affects how you drive the vehicle too.
Since you have to return a lease, there are limitations. You can not customize your vehicle and will have a yearly mileage cap to navigate around.
Is Leasing the Best Option for Me?
When people are trying to decide if leasing is a good fit for them, we want them to keep a few key questions in mind. If you would answer yes to these questions, leasing may be the best option for you.
- Is having a brand-new vehicle a priority to you?
- Are you trying to get a lower monthly payment?
- Do you plan to trade your vehicle in just a few years?
- Do you have a safe space (such as a garage) to protect your vehicle?
- Do you only drive short commute?
Should I Buy Instead?
While leasing is more typically more affordable than buying, there are many perks to buying too. We suggest that you use an auto payment calculator to see if you can afford to buy instead of lease. If so, you’ll benefit from these perks.
- You’ll work towards owning the vehicle
- You’ll build up equity with your payments
- You’ll have a trade-in to use towards a new purchase down the road
- You don’t have any mileage restrictions
- You can customize your vehicle however you’d like
Ready to get started? Visit our Omaha Nissan finance center to apply for financing or discuss your lease options. Whichever you pick, we’re happy to help every step of the way. Stop in to get started today!